Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Speck (or prosciutto) and chimichurri
Feel free to play with different herbs in the chimichurri recipe.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut lengthwise into wedges
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Speck or prosciutto, torn
Heat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until tender, 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, pulse cilantro, parsley, oregano, thyme, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, slowly add vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup oil and process until combined; season with salt and pepper.
Spoon chimichurri onto a serving platter and top with sweet potatoes and Speck.
Recipe and photo from Bon Appetit September 2013